May 5, 2014

Buddha Bar Manila

Suppose Buddha tells me “Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think,” then I’d like to think I’m some wealthy old man, who has the energy to party all night, and with real gold bars that could buy each and every regular patron of Buddha Bar.

At least the thought makes me smile, even if it’s just make-believe.


Okay, the Manila clubbing scene may be too far out of my league but the curious cat in me fancied being in one of the few best entertainment lounge bars in the city. And I’m not kidding you, the moment I stepped inside Buddha Bar, I was almost blinded by its lavish and sparkling beauty.


A Paris-based franchise, Buddha Bar Manila is a three-story establishment that can accommodate over 500 guests to its lounge, restaurant and roof deck. Other international branches of the bar could be found in Dubai, Monte Carlo, and Keiv.

The posh and vibrant interiors of the bar, including the stairs, chandeliers and lamps, and colorful throw pillows, are a visual Oriental treat.




There are actually more couches than regular dining tables to convey that the place is really for party people.



Even the wash room looks sleek and classy, in black and gold.     



I usually prefer dining al-fresco, even with the fatal summer heat. I had a hearty business set lunch menu. 


Side salad with grapefruit vinaigrette

Shrimp in crabfat pasta

Dessert degustation plate

Chamomile tea

The Buddha collection and the life-size Golden Buddha centerpiece are dazzling. I wonder if the club-goers party and pray.




Buddha Bar was named one of the 2013 Best Restaurants by Philippine Tatler.



Get a chance to drive the handsome Maserati Ghibli by spending P3,000 single receipt on food and drinks.


And even if I don’t know how to drive, I really want to take home the car. But then Buddha would probably tell me “It is better to conquer yourself than win a luxury car you don’t need.”

Buddha Bar
Picar Place, Kalayaan Ave.
Makati City
Tel. No.: 856-6859, 856-6719

No comments: