May 17, 2016

Marufuku

I have read that if you keep smiling, life will eventually get tired of upsetting you. Practically, this won’t work all the time. So why not just eat a good sushi because I assure you you’ll be happy afterwards.

There’s an off-beaten path somewhere in Ortigas for Japanese food lovers, I highly recommend. Marufuku, a Japanese term for “Circle of Happiness”, though already existing since 2012, is one of my latest discoveries.

The interior of the place is minimalistic wooden design, reminiscent of traditional restaurants in Japan. Diners who opt to sit by the bar will be rewarded with a wonderful view of the open kitchen, where the action is taking place.  





Spot the Nikka Whisky Gold and Gold samurai edition

Miso soup

 Nigiri sushi moriawase (salmon, maguru, uni, ika, kani, tamago, ebi)

Ebi tempura

Kaisen kamameshi (assorted seafood rice casserole of
salmon, shrimps, oysters, scallops, ikura)




The trick in eating Japanese food is simply to put wasabi on it, and I’m sure that every morsel you put on your mouth will simply blow your mind away. But among the dishes, I particularly enjoyed the uni and shrimp nigiri sushi and the heavenly miso soup, which tasted like ambrosia (even if I haven’t really tasted one).

Having reignited my interest in one of my favorite Asian dishes, I want to explore more Japanese restaurants in the city. But when will I ever learn using the chopsticks?

Marufuku
#29 San Miguel Ave., G/F Crescent Bldg.
Ortigas Centre, Mandaluyong City
Tel. No.: 570-3989

No comments: