February 6, 2019

Flour Jar, Las Piñas

Flour Jar is a Boho-inspired café and bakery down South. Established in 2014, it first started out as a home-based pastry supplier for different high-end cafés around Metro Manila. At the helm of the café is Bea Melendres, a young and talented pastry chef and baker, and former marketing executive of Cupcakes by Sonja. She actually graduated with a degree in Early Childhood Education but decided to pursue an exciting career in the food industry.

I was at Flour Jar one weekend, to try their smoothie bowls, a healthy breakfast meal they describe as mother earth’s dessert. While feasting on my meal, I observed many walk-in diners looking for doughnuts and got a little disappointed upon hearing from the counter lady that “they’re all sold-out” and advised that they must pre-order a day at least prior their pick-up.  So I really got curious with their doughnuts selling like hot pancakes that I decided to return two days later so I could try them myself.






Ice cream party pancake

Strawberry acai

Morena

Coco candy

Calamansi basil pasta

Grilled honey bacon sandwich

Red velvet cheese cake

Mini doughnuts

Doughnuts


  
And my verdict: The doughnut craze in the South is real. The custard cream filled malasadas, which are crispy and fluffy, are a joy to munch. The smoothie bowls are too beautiful to eat. The cakes are decadent. The sandwich and pasta are tasty.
Even the staff are very friendly.

I donut want to leave.

From Lawton or Baclaran, take SM South Mall or Pilar-bound bus. Get off at Jollibee or 7-11 in Pilar Village. Take a tricycle going to Flour Jar (or take a 10 minute-walk from the highway).

Flour Jar
Unit C Pilar Development Corporation Rose Ave.
Pilar Village, Las Piñas
Tel. No.: 0917-5075124

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this paragraph is nice, my younger sister is analyzing
these kinds of things, thus I am going to convey her.

Anonymous said...

I really love your blog.. Very nice colors & theme.
Did you develop this site yourself? Please reply back as I'm trying to create
my own personal website and would like to
learn where you got this from or exactly what the
theme is called. Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

I the efforts you have put in this, regards for all the great content.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your next write ups
thank you once again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually realize what you are
speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also consult with my web site
=). We will have a link change agreement between us

Anonymous said...

Goood dаy! Do you usе Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would bbe օk.
I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

Anonymous said...

Excellent way of telling, and pleasant post to get information on the topic of
my presentation subject, which i am going to convey in school.

Anonymous said...

I have been examinating out a few of your posts and i can claim pretty good stuff.
I will make sure to bookmark your site.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post's to
be what precisely I'm looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content for you?
I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write in relation to here.

Again, awesome site!

Anonymous said...

whoah this weblog is wonderful i like studying your articles.
Stay up the great work! You recognize, many people are hunting
around for this information, you could aid them greatly.

Anonymous said...

What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable familiarity on the topic of unpredicted
emotions.

Anonymous said...

Hі there friends, pleasant article аnd nice urging commented ɑt
tһis plaϲe, I am truⅼу enjoying bу these.

Anonymous said...

Great article, totally what I needed.