March 18, 2020

Tokyo, Japan

Staring at you, secretly mesmerized.


I’m glad I was assigned a window seat, giving me a vantage point of viewing Mt. Fuji from 35,000 feet high in the air, during our Manila – Haneda flight. Almost fully surrounded by sea of clouds, it looks majestic; and simply captivated my heart.

It’s nice to be back in Japan. One of the major destination countries of our Filipina marriage migrants and OFWs. A highly developed country with beautiful sakura, mouth-watering ramen, the finest comfort rooms and amazing Shinkansen; and the land where almost everybody loves to walk.

We were based in Tokyo; and though this was an OB trip with my colleagues, we were able to squeeze in some gala after we’ve successfully completed our activities.


Tokyo Tower, a prominent landmark of the city, is just a short walking distance from the Philippine Embassy. The tower is standing 333 meters high and patterned after the Eiffel Tower. It has an observatory offering a sweeping 360 degree view the city and its skyscrapers (really looks romantic at night!). It is the country's tallest structure from its completion in 1958 until 2012 when it was surpassed by the Tokyo Skytree. On the ground floor, it has One Piece theme park, dedicated for the anime fans.





The last time I crossed Shibuya Scramble Crossing (the world’s busiest intersection), I wasn’t aware that Hachiko’s statue is just around the corner (near Shibuya station). This time, I made sure to see the iconic statue of the dog that kept faithfully waiting for its master even after his death.



Akihabara is known as cultural home to diehard fans of gaming, manga and anime - the otaku. It is a major shopping district for video games, electronics and computer-related goods. Icons from popular anime and manga are displayed prominently on the shops in the area.





A colleague recommended that we visit Sensō-ji, an ancient Buddhist temple located in Asakusa. She said that anyone who prays at the temple (Tokyo's oldest and most significant housing some the Seven Lucky Gods) shall have their wish granted for sure. I just wished for my family’s good health. Adjacent to the temple is a five-story pagoda, the Asakusa Shinto shrine, as well as many shops with traditional goods.








I’m fond of maneki neko or popularly known as lucky cat.  The small beckoning cat doll is believed to be a lucky charm that brings in customers and money into the shop. They come in all sizes in Gotokuji Temple, located in the Setagaya ward of Tokyo. In a small corner within the temple complex, over 1,000 lucky cats are put on display. There is also a cemetery located within the temple complex.







Odaiba is a popular shopping and entertainment district on a man made island in Tokyo Bay. I was in awe seeing the replica of the Statue of Liberty, the bold architectural design of Fuji TV Building, and of course the giant Unicorn Gundam Statue.









The highlight of our trip was our day trip to Kawaguchiko and the hiking we did to reach the Chureito Pagoda. I love how the trees burst with color in the fall. From the top, we could clearly see the breathtaking Mt. Fuji. I wish I could climb it one day.








The most exciting part of our everday is none other than having authentic Japanese food. I will never get over Ichiran 5 and Ippudo Karaka Ramen.




The land of the Rising Sun never ceases to amaze me.





And with all the problems happening in the world right now, I hope that soonest the sun will rise again.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was able to find good info from your blog articles.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a blog that's
equally educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail
on the head. The problem is something that too few men and women are
speaking intelligently about. I'm very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for
something regarding this.

Anonymous said...

This piece of writing will assist the internet visitors for
setting up new blog or even a weblog from start to end.

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a article writer for your site.
You have some really great posts and I believe I would be a good asset.
If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love to write some
articles for your blog in exchange for a link back
to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?

There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content.
Please let me know. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!

Thank you

Anonymous said...

What's up, for all time i used to check weblog posts here in the early hours in the morning,
as i enjoy to gain knowledge of more and more.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually understand what you're speaking approximately!

Bookmarked. Kindly additionally talk over with my website
=). We will have a hyperlink trade agreement among us

Anonymous said...

We absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post's to be
precisely what I'm looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content in your case?
I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on some of the
subjects you write about here. Again, awesome blog!

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.

I am quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the next!

Anonymous said...

This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am
actually happy to read all at single place.

Anonymous said...

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this article is awesome, nice written and include almost all important infos.
I'd like to look more posts like this .

Anonymous said...

I go to see day-to-day some websites and websites to read articles, except this web site provides feature based content.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I was checking constantly this weblog and I am impressed!
Extremely useful info specially the last section :)
I care for such info much. I used to be looking for this certain info for a very long
time. Thank you and good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article post.

I like to write a little comment to support you.

Anonymous said...

Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to
your weblog? My blog site is in the very same area of interest as yours and my visitors
would truly benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.

Please let me know if this alright with you. Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your website?
My website is in the very same niche as yours and my users would
definitely benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
Please let me know if this alright with you.

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and
you are just extremely magnificent. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you're stating and the way in which you say it.
You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible.
I can not wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous website.