December 12, 2014

Bawai's Vietnamese Kitchen, Katipunan

What’s the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to eat something remarkable like basil ice cream?

I would love to go to Tagaytay and visit the original Bawai’s, and perhaps meet in person the bawai (maternal grandmother) behind this authentic Vietnamese restaurant. I would like to know more about how she fell in love with a Filipino when she was still a young girl in Saigon, her journey to the Philippines, where she eventually settled to be with her husband. Good thing, they opened a branch in Katipunan, I need not go all the way to Tagaytay just to try their hot noodles and basil ice cream.



Goi cuon

Nem nuong

Curry ga

Bun bo xao

Banh da lon

Basil ice cream




I love the place. It looks refreshing green like their food. I feel healthy already.

Bawai's Vietnamese Kitchen
#79 Katipunan Ave., Bellitudo
White Plains, Quezon City
Tel. No.:  442-8874

No comments: