December 27, 2014

Victorino’s: A taste of the North in Quezon City

It wasn’t Paoay Church or Blue Lagoon that captured my heart the first time I set foot in Ilocos, it was actually Vigan longganisa. And I’m happy to find an authentic Ilocano restaurant in Quezon City that serves my favorite Ilocano dish.

Owned by the family of Ilocos Sur Vice Governor DV Savellano, Victorino’s is a home-themed restaurant specializing in Ilocano cuisine. It was named in honor of their late father - former mayor and judge Victorino Savellano of Cabugao, Ilocos Sur.




Treasure trove of chichacorn

Panutsa

Masa podrida

Wreath of garlic

Pako salad

Longganisa platter

Bagnet

Turon nga saba

Brewed lungo forte




I feel guilty right after eating the bagnet with all its yummylicious taba. But then I’m just human, judgmental at times. And no matter how mouthwatering and colorful as Christmas, Chef Heny Sison’s cakes are, I think they truly belong to the future.

Victorino’s
#11 Jamboree cor. Sct. Rallos
Laging Handa, Quezon City

No comments: