December 8, 2013

When Uan Met Sally

There are times I make a lot of assumptions mainly because I don’t know the basic truth. I’m sure everybody else is as guilty as I am.


One weekend morning, I found myself standing in front of a little quaint boutique and coffee shop named “When Uan Met Sally”. It seems the name of the store was inspired from the 80s romantic comedy When Harry Met Sally, and so I assumed right away that Uan and Sally are a couple.

But boy I was wrong. The concept behind the store is all about art story not love story. The lady attendant manning the store said that Uan and Sally are just friends. And they are both girls who obviously love birds, hand-painted denim bags, rosaries from Jerusalem, cute trinkets and artistic shirts.





Smiley taters

Mozzarella sticks

House blend





One of my favorite lines in the movie was when Harry said “There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.” Sally asked him “Which one am I?” and he replied “You're the worst kind. You're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance."

I think too that Uan and Sally are both high maintenance.

But that’s just me assuming.

When Uan Met Sally
#154-A Maginhawa St.
Sikatuna Village, Quezon City

No comments: