October 25, 2012

Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa

When you say yes to others, make sure you’re not saying no to yourself.
 
I was the last minute replacement for the HDPR cluster meeting to be held first time outside Manila for this year. The group has been regularly meeting to develop policies and programs aim at reducing poverty and promoting human development in the country. It is usually composed of the highest echelons of the member agencies. I could have said no for several reasons – I’m just an aliping sagigilid, I’m not familiar with most of the proposed policies, well maybe except for the RH bill, and I really want to take a short break (just to enjoy my numerous leave credits) and perhaps go to the beach. But as fate would have it, the meeting would take place in a beach resort up north. And to add, being far away from the office these days means less stress haha, that’s why I did not refuse. Suddenly the waves of La Union seem beckoning.
 
I was happy with my decision. Otherwise, I would have missed staying in a Filipino-Balinese fusion inspired beach house with such garden-like bathroom I so love; eating quite expensive plate of fresh fruits in the morning; and enjoying perhaps the most charming boutique resort situated in San Juan, the surfing capital of La Union. Kahuna was named after a native Hawaiian word meaning “expert in any field”.  And honest to goodness, the resort lives up to its name especially in providing its guests luxury, comfort and fun.
 














 
Heard the saying “You can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf”? Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to. But with the fast and free wi-fi connection of the resort, I enjoyed surfing the net till the wee hours of the morning.

2 comments:

Aldrich Mendal said...

Nice Post

Anonymous said...

I always like to have a read about such things, my blog is related if you want to have a look round it please feel free. I have added yours to my bookmarks.