June 29, 2014

Señor Pollo

If Makati has El Chupacabra, Quezon City has Señor Pollo.


As I walked up the stairs of the restaurant, I was surprised to find a famous line from Pablo Neruda’s “Ode and Burgeonings” hand-painted on the wall - “And one by one the nights between our separated cities are joined to the night that unites us.” I originally came for their famous Latin Chicken but upon reading Neruda’s poem (which hints of sadness and hope), I think I’m getting more than just chicken.





Latin punch and Southern iced tea

Jalapeno and cheese quesadillas

Fried chicken with patatas bravas

Señor Pollo roast

Flan de Naranja




Okay… I got smitten with the restroom first before everything else. And what I meant by everything else was the food, booze, geckos, Latin artworks, and the friendly service. But truth be told, there’s no heartbreak that a roasted chicken and chimichurri could fix.

I couldn’t ask for more, maybe just one thing. I wish the owners chose the parting line from Neruda’s poetry: “Tomorrow we shall give them only a leaf from the tree of our love, a leaf that will fall upon the earth as if our lips had made it, like a kiss that falls from our invincible heights to show the fire and the tenderness of a true love.”

Señor Pollo
F7 Bldg., Sct. Rallos St.
Tomas Morato, Quezon City
Tel. No.: 0917-8331033                                   

1 comment:

This is Lovelee said...

Nice post! I will be sampling this place soon..i hope =)