August 30, 2013

Museo Pambata: Children’s Playground

It’s never too late to be what you might have been. So today I decided to be a kid again and visit the place I should have been when I was still in kindergarten or elementary – the Museo Pambata.
 
 
Opened in 1994, the museum is located in the former Manila Elks Club building, built in 1911, along Roxas Boulevard corner Katigbak Drive. It was founded by Estefania Aldaba-Lim and Nina Lim-Yuson who envisioned an alternative learning for children, specially for those who have no access to formal education. Unlike traditional  and conventional museums where natural, artistic, historical, and scientific objects and artifacts are displayed behind glass shelves only to be admired but not touched, Museo features hands-on exhibits that encourage children to explore, get a little wild and discover various concepts, facts and trivia while they play.
 
Nakakatuwa lang kasi, I no longer have strict parents to watch over and restrain me ano man ang gusto kong gawin hehe.

White Huey helicopter
 
Believe that even a butanding could fly

There’s always a fire within me
 
A Spanish galleon replica
 
The Filipino Heroes’ Hall
 
A hero could be a child intent on making the world a better place
 
Binondo church scale model

Tranvia was one of the means of transportation during early American period

Glowing jellyfishes

He who plants a tree, plants hope

Health is a relationship between you and your body

Be your own Captain Planet – protect and save the environment
 
Miss Big Mouth can swallow the truth and me whole
  
Even though reality is always catching up with me,  I won’t let it take away my inner child.

No comments: