November 20, 2012

Claude’s Le Cafe De Ville

“You should never let your fears prevent you
from doing what you know is right.”
- Aung San Suu Kyi

I know two of the right things to do are eat and enjoy. I passed by this charming ancestral house (turned into a restaurant) at night and it looks so inviting as if inside time stands still. And since I can never resist its gravitational pull, I returned the next day.

The Oboza ancestral house, built in 1929 belonged to the first mayor of Davao City, Alfonso Oboza. It has been restored to its former glory with a little touch of modernity, and is now the home of Claude’s famous fine dining authentic French restaurant.



The Oboza couple

Warm bread with salsa and butter

Claude’s Caesar’s salad

Grilled blue marlin

Shrimp carbonara

Claude’s cheesecake




I love French food, the cozy interiors, the smell of the past, and of course the lone red rose in every table. I truly found an heirloom in the heart of Davao City.

Claude’s Le Cafe De Ville
#29 Rizal St., Paseo de Habana
Davao City
Tel. No.: (082) 222-4287

No comments: