October 18, 2010

Mt. Batulao: Walking on the Shadow of Time

I was supposed to go to Batulao last August 23, 2010 for my birthday, but it did not push through due to unforeseen cosmic reasons. Ever since I kept wondering, “Had I conquered Mt. Batulao then, would the bloody August 23 Hong Kong bus kidnapping have been prevented?”

Sometimes one simple action could trigger an event with complex consequences. What if? Sadly, there are some things that are beyond my control.










But I'm happy I'm climbing again.

4 comments:

butterfly said...

I didn't exactly know there was a Mount Batulao. I have been to Don Bosco Chrush there (if i'm not mistaken) for a self-retreat and the view from the top was so amazing! i had fotos hiking over the hills (yay..19 kopong-kopong)
anyway, i guess sometimes we utter those "what if's" to ourselves..what if i didn't go out today..would that happened? some things are just unpredictable.

butterfly said...

oh and by the way...what happened to the hair? the barber still alive? hahaha. kiddin'. u look good with or without. =)

Frenz Fries said...

1 km away from don bosco yung jump off point ng batulao. it's just a minor climb so it's not that hard

butterfly said...

(yay, i saw a typo "Church" i mean.)
oh, so it's near pala Don Bosco. yeah, i guess it's not as hard as climbing Mount Pulag, so rocky there. i miss climbing.