January 2, 2008

But There Are No Carabaos in Carabao Island

Carabao Island, also known as Hambil, is one of the not so well-known gems of Romblon, perhaps because of its proximity to Boracay, where tourists mainly go.

But I guess this is what makes the island more appealing to me. Less crowd means a perfect hide-away. And this trip would have not been possible without Jai who knew someone from the island.






I really fell in love with Hambil the moment I set foot on the island. I mean common, even without carabaos (water buffalos), the island is a slice of paradise.

Carabao Island can be reached via one-hour boat ride from the port in Caticlan, Malay, Aklan. The passenger boat usually leaves in the morning. The most convenient way to go to the island is via boat rental from Boracay, which if course charges higher especially if you are just travelling alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vous avez de bons points il, c'est pourquoi j'aime toujours verifier votre blog, Il semble que vous etes un expert dans ce domaine. maintenir le bon travail, Mon ami recommander votre blog.

Mon francais n'est pas tres bon, je suis de l'Allemagne.

Mon blog:
Meilleur Taux aussi au Rachat de credit

Anonymous said...

Ι blog quite often anԁ I seriouѕly aρρreciate your infоrmatiοn.
Your аrticle hаs reаlly ρeаκeԁ my іnterest.
I will booκmark your site and κeeр chеcκing fоr new information about once ρer ωeek.
I subsсгibeԁ to your Fеeԁ too.


My site Chatroulette