August 4, 2019

Mandala Spa and Resort Villas Boracay

Letting go of your personal chaos is one of the great paths to inner peace. So is having a Shodhana Karma (I heard) or spending a night or two at Mandala Spa and Resort Villas.





Distinctly recognized for being the only Destination Spa and Resort on Boracay Island, Mandala is among the Philippines’s quintessential holistic wellness provider. It is also renowned for its eco-conscious elegance as the very “First Eco Spa in Asia Pacific”. Mandala, a Sanskrit term that literally means circle or whole, is a spiritual and ritual symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism, representing the universe and a person’s spiritual evolutionary path. Thus Mandala, since it opened in 2001, has been creating a holistic wellness experience for guests, regarding the outer as much as the inner self. The original founders of Mandala believe that life is to be enjoyed and not endured.

I’m happy that on a party island populated with tourists (all year-round) and big hotels and resorts, there are still a few surviving secluded and quiet sanctuaries like Mandala.

Everytime I’m on the island, I’ve been passing Mandala’s entrance from Cagban to White Beach as far as I can remember; this time I’m going inside for real. The pathway is shaded by a canopy of trees and plants, somehow reminding me that the place could be Boracay’s road less travelled.






Nowhere in the island did I find such calming serenity embrace me the moment I walked in, warmly welcomed by the ever-courteous staff and the lush surroundings. I was offered a refreshing calamansi mint slushy, while waiting at the open reception area for my room to be ready.






Mandala has 12 resort villas dotted around 2.5 hectare tropical garden setting. There are only two types of villas – the garden and the digital detox. They are basically the same in design and lay-out, except that the digital detox (as the name implies and where I stayed in) has no wifi and TV.  

Only superlatives come to my mind when I settled in the spacious designer villa with a four-poster king-size bed, stand-alone spa tub and outdoor rain shower (complete with organic bath essentials), and terrace with garden view. Red gumamelas and white frangipanis are neatly scattered almost everywhere. A new age music for meditation and relaxation softly plays in the background. Very romantic. That’s why the place is really geared toward couples seeking well-deserved rest and relaxation. But singles are definitely most welcome too.












I was also equally impressed with the spa villas. Mandala offers an array of massage and facial treatments, healing baths, and detox for every guests that need ultimate pampering. Over the years, it has set the bar in the Asia spa industry, garnering recognition and multiple awards for its world-class standards and quality service. Take note though that spa rate services are very competitive. Their signature and bestselling treatments - Green Coffee Therapy (Pevonia) costs P12,000+ while their Boracay Bliss is P9,000+. Pang-alta, di ko kaya.


















There are lounging huts to relax after massage, read a book, or simply recharge and relish the invigorating sight of greeneries. Mandala is indeed an oasis of natural and healing beauty.






Another thing to look forward to at Mandala is their in-house restaurant Prana, which specializes in Asian and intercontinental cuisine, and offers delectable vegan and organic menu. Also named after the Sanskrit word that means life force or energy, the restaurant imbibes a farm-to-table philosophy and serves only the freshest, healthiest and gorgeously–plated meals. I enjoyed every last bite from the garden salad, pasta to desserts I partook. The restaurant also offers a panoramic view of the beach.






















Yoga is a cornerstone in Mandala’s approach to individual wellbeing. Guests can attend free yoga classes every morning.


White Beach Station 3 is just 5-minute walk from the resort. Best time to go is during lunchtime when the heat of the sun is on its peak and beach bums are almost nowhere in sight.


















During sunset time, the White beach is swarming with people. I miss the time when I was just eight years old and I could only count a handful of people out on the shore during the golden hour. Anyway, I’m happy that for the first time after all these years, I discovered the sunrise spot in Boracay. It’s on the opposite side of White Beach with a very thin crowd, mostly Koreans; and it is just as peaceful and beautiful as Mandala.

From Kalibo or Caticlan Airport, take a van (or tricycle if coming from Caticlan Airport) going to Caticlan Jetty Port. Ride a boat going to Cagban Jetty Port. Then take a tricycle going to Mandala. 

Mandala Spa and Resort Villas
Station 3, Ambulong, Manoc-Manoc,
Boracay, Aklan
Tel. No.: (036) 288-3301

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel this is one of the such a lot significant information for me.
And i am glad studying your article. But wanna remark on some general things,
The website style is great, the articles is in reality excellent : D.
Good task, cheers

Anonymous said...

That is a very good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere.

Brief but very precise info… Many thanks for sharing this one.
A must read post!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article post.
I like to write a little comment to support you.

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!