September 12, 2015

Café Sanso and Museum in San Juan

“Unfortunately the 1968 Student Revolution brought a great change at the Ecole de Beaux Arts in Paris. My locker with dozens of plates, finished and half finished – disappeared. It kept me from prints totally, I mean not from prints but from etching. I just didn’t feel like going back to school. To me that was a rape. I thought it was physically so painful that I just decided I was not going back.”
- Juvenal Sanso



The two-storey museum

Love the colorful floor of the cafe



Mint citrusade and agua fresca

Francesinha

Pasta a la Chitara

Churros

Coffee table books and magazines featuring Sanso’s artworks


Sanso’s dark paintings



Discover the colorful life and art of the Philippine-bred Spanish natural engraver and etcher, and considered the first serious practitioner of graphic art in the country – Juvenal Sanso at Sanso Museum. And enjoy afterwards some Spanish comfort food inspired from his Catalan roots at Café Sanso.

And remember darling, black is also a happy color.

Café Sanso and Museum
#32 V. Cruz St. cor. P. Guevarra
San Juan City
Tel. No.: 0922-8946144

No comments: