February 16, 2015

Kimukatsu

I’m almost halfway of Showtime’s The Affair and there’s this particular scene I’m fond of. In one of their trysts, Noah was passionately describing to Alison the Block Island Southeast Light, one of the very few lighthouses still equipped with a first-order Fresnel lens.  Fresnel was this French physicist who had the idea to take a glass lens and cut grooves in it in concentric circles. Each groove acts like a prism that refracts the source light and concentrates it into a beam that can be seen much further away using a much thinner piece of glass. And the first-order lens is the biggest one because it's got a prismatic dome on top. Its light was the strongest on the East Coast and can be seen from, like, 30 miles.

By the look on her face, I could clearly see that Alison was hanging on to his every word. But Noah thought he was already boring her with the details and said “I'm sorry. This shit really interests me. I'll just stop talking.” She smiled and said sincerely “No. It's great to hear.” He tested her “Get anything of what I said?” She replied guiltily “No. But it doesn't matter. I understand that you're describing something that you love. It certainly is beautiful.”

I need a break and a 25-layered Mille-Feuille-style tonkatsu. A powerful storm is coming to the lives and families of the lovers.



Shredded cabbage

Rice

Assorted tonkatsu

Cheese tonkatsu

Green tea ice cream


Open communication is one of the keys in creating strong relationships. If you need to shout to be heard, then go ahead. Lack of communication breeds assumptions. And assumptions sometimes lead to destruction of relationships.

Kimukatsu
5/F Shangri-la Plaza Mall
Shaw Blvd. cor. EDSA
Mandaluyong City
Tel. No.:  727-0333
Post a Comment